- A design specification list of requirements that your designs should aim to fulfill.
- This will be used to measure the success of your final design so you must always design towards these limitations.
- All the criteria must come from the results of your research (otherwise your results have no value and you will have wasted a big number of marks).
- The price of the meal should be between £1.50 and £2.75 as this was the range of prices I found when I did my supermarket research.
- The results of my consumer survey show that the type of dish should be continental. This can include Indian, Chinese, Mexican, etc.
S - Size
A – Appearance
T – Taste / texture
S - Shape
U – Unit cost / use by date
M – Materials / mass (weight)
A – Age (target group)
S – Storage / suitability for manufacture
A – Aesthetics (sensory qualities)
C – Cost per unit
C – Consumer (target group)
E – Environment suitability
S – Size of product
S – Safety (use by date)
F – Function
M – Material (foods and packaging)
M – Manufacture (suitability to manufacture)